Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Little Bit Forty: Days 23 & 24

The last two days have gone quickly as they always do thanks to teaching in Branson last night and taking Grace to flight ground school in Bolivar tonight. Plus trying to do the usual stuff like run errands, emergency grocery shopping when 3 gallons of milk don't last 30 hours, and get finished with my usual work and home appointments and paperwork.

Today I had to go into the post office since one of my packages was being shipped overnight.  As I stood in line, a cute little girl was chatting with everyone in the line.  An older gentleman asked her how old she was and she clasp both her hands together and twisted her body as though she was suddenly shy and thinking.  After a moment she said quietly, "Well, I'm a little bit 4."  Her dad chipped in that she had just turned 4 in January so she hasn't been four very long.  The whole line giggled and I tried not to laugh the loudest, but I could really identify with this little girl.  She had just had a whole comfortable year of being three and she could do everything that was expected of a three year old.  However, now she was in the strange world of 4 year olds and she already knew that she hadn't mastered all the 4 year old skills yet.  I can so understand how she feels.  I had 39 mastered and 40 just kind of slipped up on me...so for today, if anyone were brave enough to ask my age, then my answer would be, "Well, I'm a little bit 40."

No comments:

Post a Comment