Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

40: Day 8

Well, today was my first weigh in at TOPS.  Corrine wanted to go with me and she loved it.  She thought the songs were cool and said its better than Grandma's Weight Watchers meetings.  (Makes me thankful that I never went to Grandma's group!)  So yes, we weighed in, sang songs, had a program and said the emotional eating pledge....but I lost 9 3/4 pounds!  Yes, I'm pleased, but oh how I hate the emotional eating pledge and the dieting songs!  Just my opinion, but emotional eating is what happens to bad cooks.  I over eat because my food tastes awesome and I know where other awesome tasting food is for sale!

This afternoon I prepared to teach class tomorrow and worked on paperwork for the office and home.  The day just flew by, but I made an African Harvest Stew and modified it to be more tasty.  Then I topped it with a chopped up left over fish fillet and 1/3 c of rice from yesterday.  The stew recipe is below.  It is intended for fresh veggies, but I used canned, drained and water rinsed veggies.  I substituted one can for 1 cup.  The original stew recipe is in blue and my add-in are in green.

African Harvest Stew
1 cup okra
1 cup carrots
1 cup zucchini
1 cup sweet corn
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup water but I used 1 can of low sodium beef broth
1 t thyme
1/4 t red pepper flakes
2 cups shredded cabbage, fresh
5 sliced mushrooms
1 more can diced tomatoes
1 T chili powder
1 t. cumin
2 T diced dried onion
1/2 t lemon pepper
1 clove garlic
1/4 t celery salt

Cooked until the cabbage was soft.  I toped with yesterday's fish and rice leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment