Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Thursday, January 10, 2013

40: Day 2

Today was a long day and I was very tired all day.  I hope the tiredness is not from turning 40, if it is, then I should have planned 40 days of sleep!

This morning was spent at home preparing to go teach in Branson tonight and getting a new Internet provider connected for my office.  I was so tired that I fell asleep answering emails and the Internet tech woke me up needing more instructions...talk about embarrassing!  Then I set some appointments, went to the Post Office and got home in time for a home study update.  Don't get excited about the home study, it is NOT an announcement, but merely the hoops our family jumps through to get every child's full citizenship and their permanent place in our family.  Finally, after an extended holiday break, I was on the road to Branson to teach an MBA class.  I was running behind on time so my mom was nice enough to meet me with a sandwich on the South side of Springfield. 

I finally got home, checked email and my head finally hit the pillow at 1:36am on Day 3 of being 40.

Summary of Day 2
 
Community Responsibility:  For today, I'm counting teaching as a community responsibility.  I know its not a volunteer position, but I try to put a lot of extra information, encouragement and care into my "work".  I truly enjoy teaching and specifically enjoy seeing students change their lives and create opportunities for themselves.  Each class teaches and challenges me in new ways.  Many of the students become lifelong connections, resources and friends.

Health/Fitness:   I was very hungry before each meal today, BUT I stuck to my diet.  I did not get exercise in today.
Spirituality:  I'm still behind on my ambitious Bible reading schedule, but I'm making progress.

Wisdom:   If I had known that my week was going to continue to get busier then I would have scheduled more sleep this morning, but after some exercise!  

No comments:

Post a Comment