Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Sunday, January 20, 2013

40: Day 13

We got behind schedule getting ready for church so I ended up at home with 5 of the kids, but it was probably for the best because Nate's congestion just kept getting worse all day.  He definitely did not need to be out in the cold morning air.  However,  I really missed getting to go to worship service.  Ed gave me a good summary of the sermon, but it is still not the same.

Then this afternoon David was so tired that it became obvious that he had stayed up late playing the DS game that he had rented for the weekend.  I finally got him to lay down for a nap with me, before he got in anymore trouble.  We curled up around 2:00pm and slept almost 3 hours!  I didn't think either of us was that tired!  However, it was so nice to curl up with David since he usually insists that he is too old to be "babied".  I have no doubt that he soon will be too big, but this afternoon was great as he curled up next to me and let me rub his back.

Dinner was the usual "diet special".  Tonight it was salmon with dill, lemon and capers wrapped in foil and grilled.  When Ed realized capers only had 5 calories per tablespoon, he went a bit overboard with them, but the flavor of the salmon was much better than I had expected.  I added brown rice and stewed "free veggies" to fill out my plate.  I'm really missing pizza, tacos, enchiladas, meatloaf, toast...the list is actually very long.

  • Then tonight was grocery shopping as the kids had managed to knock out 3 gallons of milk since Friday and this Thursday is David's day to bring snacks to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment