Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Thursday, January 10, 2013

40: Day 3

This morning I got the kids started on their day and as soon as the buses had left, I "enjoyed" my high fiber cereal, banana and hot tea.  Then I went back to bed!  After a 2 1/2 hour nap, I headed to Joplin for a doctor appointment.  Yes, you read that right, by noon today, all I had really done was ate high fiber, took a nap and went to the doctor!  Oh yeah...(dripping with sarcasm) 40 is rocking!

I got back to the office in time to solidify tomorrow's schedule, make phone calls and eat a nonfat yogurt.

I headed back to Joplin to get my nails done and Grace had to come along because of her flight lesson this afternoon.  Then I finally got a grilled chicken sandwich in Carthage...just before I starved.   We picked up another student for class tonight.  Then got the call that the weather was too bad to go up today so we had extra time.  So finding ourselves with 2 free hours, we stopped at my parents to visit.  Then on to Bolivar for ground school.  I usually use the kids' class time to work on my work, but I brought the wrong SD card tonight so I'm catching up the blog instead.

Community Responsibility:  While I could argue that helping two teens get their flight training is community, I think that is stretching it since one of those teens is my daughter. 

Health/Fitness:  Following my diet still, despite extreme hunger.  My blood pressure was high today so that added more encouragement to keep working on being healthy.  Unfortunately, no exercise again today.

Spirituality:  Praying about some personal growth from realizing that if I have truly forgiven someone, then I would be praying for their betterment, rather than just having an absence of anger or dislike.  I realize this is the next step in seeing people the way that God does.  I've been "re-reading" The Hiding Place in an audio book and several quotes from Corrie and her sister have really convicted me to be motivated to love my past offenders, especially through prayer. 

 “Whenever we cannot love in the old, human way . . .
God can give us the perfect way.”-Corrie Ten Boom

Very little Bible reading progress today...I'm going to have a lot this weekend! 
 
Wisdom:  I must take better care of my schedule next week.  Tonight, I will be home at midnight and leave around 3am to get to jobs in mid-Missouri tomorrow.  The income is important, but sleep is necessary to be safe driving and at my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment