Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Friday, January 25, 2013

40: Day 18

I have kids with stuffy noses, sore throats, antibiotics and fussy attitudes all around.  Today I was loading up to run errands and got the call that Matt was not feeling well at school.  I really thought he was on the mend but maybe he was just feeling extra tired so I started my errands by going to get him.  The twins are feeling much better, but they are still extra tired.  When I finished errands this afternoon, the twins and Matt insisted that they were well enough to come along.  We got home exhausted and then the fussing and arguing and fighting started...I thought I was going to need a referee shirt.  From 2pm to 4pm, the boys were at their rare worst and taking me down with them.  I finally offered them one more outing errand, if they would be good, and things started improving and I got another errand checked off my list...definitely a win-win!
Notice my helper peeking over the back seat.

Community Responsibility:  The kids and I did catch-up today in this category and delivered a number of goodies to people in our community.  We delivered 40 non-spill cups each filled with hot cocoa packets and candy and a thank you note to our police station and fire house.  Then we delivered about 40 new under garments to go to a recovery program in Cambodia.  Plus we took Teen Challenge about 40 small toiletry items for their clients.  Finally, we took donations of pet food and kits to make pet treats to our local no kill animal welfare group

Health/Fitness:  I'm starting to think I may not lose much this week.  I am going to need to find some regular exercise that fits into the chaos.  Hubby and I got to eat dinner out again tonight.  It was so nice and we went to Ruby Tuesdays again so it is easy to stick to my diet.

Spirituality: Not much reading today.  Lots of hold, hugging and trying to un-fuss, fussy kids.

Wisdom:  Matt really enjoyed the trip to the police station.  It does good for him to see our family doing good for the helpers in our community.  And no, I didn't let him go in the fire station because he is sick and second he might not want to leave!  Matt is crazy for fire trucks and wants to grow up and be a fire man or a bus driver. I'm going to need to be sure that we do more activities like this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment