Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Monday, January 21, 2013

40: Day 14

Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and Inauguration Day and tomorrow is the 40th Anniversary of Rowe V. Wade.  That is a lot of things to reflect on in such a short time.  I cannot think of any advice more fitting than the words of Martin Luther King, Jr, “There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

Today was Ed's day off so he visited the doctor in the morning and then we took 7 of the kids to the dentist this afternoon for check ups.  Based on the attention given our bus, I dare say the dentist office doesn't have too many families arrive by bus!  However, good check-ups all around.  We got home and I made my own version of low calorie/low fat stuffed mushrooms and meat balls with pasta.  It was delicious and one of the more satisfying tasting foods that I've ate in about 2 weeks.

Stuffed Mushrooms (my version)
16-20 mushroom caps (washed)
2 low fat string cheese sticks cut in 8-10 pieces each

Mix together:
1 box Savory herb Stove Top dressing, dry
1 egg
2 t. Italian seasoning
1 T of grated Parmesan cheese (1/2 in mix and 1/2 as topping)

Put 1/4" deep of low sodium chicken broth in the bottom of a glass baking dish.  Place a piece of cheese in each mushroom cap and top with a teaspoon or two of the stuffing mix.  Then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. By my calculations, these are 20-30 calories each.

I added some of the chopped mushroom stems to the left over Stove Top mixture.  Then I mashed the stuffing into 1/4 cup measuring cup as a mold and turned onto a sprayed baking dish.  I baked them at 350 for 15-20 minutes too. (I saved this for a side with another meal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment