Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Weekend in My Forties: Day 26 & 27

This weekend is the last weekend that hubby is home for the next month and a half.  Its time to take his students to tournaments again.  However, he had to go take care of exchange student details on Saturday so I guess my saturdays alone with the kids actually started 2 weekends ago.  I hate it that we live so far from his job and his tounament days start and end 2 hours before/after everyone elses. I am thankful that he has a job he loves, but this is the time of year that it starts getting tough.  The boys really need the discipline that he can demand simply with the tone of his voice and I really need alone time with him too. 

It seems like there is always kids needing rides, going to activities and needing us that we seem to forget that we need time for each other.  Plus there are routine distractions of life such as TV, computer, telephone, etc that can reduce time together even further.  Grace has graciously given Ed and I time to go out for a late dinner each of the last few Fridays.  It has been nice, but it also has highlighted how we need to plan a weekend away again.  However, that must wait as usual.

Grace and I did get some time together Saturday evening which was very nice.  Grace loves sushi so after shopping, we ate sushi.  It was interesting on a diet because I'm not sure of the dietary exchanges for some of the "stuff" we ate because I'm not sure what all of it was.  Anyone have a dietary guide to sushi?  I'm hoping that it won't effect my weight loss!

Sunday was a day of distractions and unexpected chores.  I really hate days like that, but it is especially cruel when its a Sunday.  I'm feeling robbed of my recharge day.  Next weekend will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment