Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

40 & Cranky? Got Iron?

Well, last weekend was terrible, and it bothered me more than it typically would.  I've admittedly been unusually negative and cranky for about a week so when I went to the weight loss nurse yesterday Corrine was quick to point out to her that I was cranky.  (Sarcasm ahead) I love it when my kids help me out like this!  So after a complete checkup, we determined that I could use some more Iron.  This is the first that I have heard that low Iron can cause crankiness and come to find out, low Iron causes fussiness in children.  How did I not know this!  We struggle with the twins and Matt's Iron levels, but no one told me that this could contribute to fussiness.  Needless to say, I see red meat, deviled eggs, and greens in our dietary future!

I started today with a multivitamin with Iron.  Then I went to TOPS and found out that I had lost 3.75 pounds this week.  Needless to say that was an encouraging start to my day so I'm not sure if the Iron or the weight loss improved my mood.  BUT I think I know lots more people who may need some Iron!

No comments:

Post a Comment