Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Sunday, February 10, 2013

40: Weekend Days 32, 33 & 34

This weekend was all that I had expected.  I spent all of Friday trying to get my calendar organized and double checking that all the routine check-ups had been set up.  Friday night was a quiet evening, and it was an early bedtime since Ed had to leave at 4:15am to go to the tournament.

Saturday without Daddy was hectic.  The twins and Nate were ready for Daddy time, and he was at the tournament for work.  Grace and Corrine did their best to try to offer Daddy type activities to wear them out.  It helped that David and Matt went to visit Grandma and Grand-dad so it was just the 3 four year olds trying to overthrow the balance of power.  Our newest struggle with one of my little guys is about underwear.  He wants to go commando, and I say no!  I had to set a new rule that "Underwear is required at the table."  Then at dinner his brother came and pulled down his pants to show me that he had his underwear on...so obviously my new rule has some disadvantages. LOL!

Sunday I was exhausted so Ed let  me sleep in.  For dinner, I made two 4+ pound London Broil with roasted herb potatoes and carrots.  Much to my surprise, our kids loved it.  There was no leftovers to put away, which means that some kids ate a pound or more of beef! 

I've stuck to my diet and even made a balsamic reduction in preparation for next weeks meals.  I'm trying to prepare more and more of "my" kind of foods for the kids.  Some of it has been well received and some hasn't.   So far Hannah has liked more of the "healthified" foods than anyone else, and I appreciate her willingness to try these foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment