Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Farm


Today was supposed to be our yearly outing to the farm for our whole family, but Nate is having problems handling the heat so Ed stayed home with Nate, the twins and Hannah. (Much to our surprise Hannah asked not to go.)

The farm, as we call it, is actually referring to my grand-dad's farm which is now owned mainly by my cousin and his wife. Their family is nice enough to play host every August for a day at the farm. This year even included homemade ice cream which impressed David...now he is ready to make it at home.

Grace, Corrine, David, Matt and Vanessa swam, played with kittens & dogs, and rode horses all afternoon. Jon was terrified of all the animals and I spent my time turning Jon's back to them so he couldn't see how nearby they were....kittens, dogs & horses are apparently all ferocious animals to Jon. Vanessa had a very similar response her first year so it will be fun to see this change over time.

Matt was a stinker on the trip and decided to see how many ways he could annoy his siblings seated near him...it worked because if I heard, "Mom, Matt is...." one thousand more times...well, he would have had to have rode home with grand-dad. I suppose this is the type of annoyance that makes great family memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment