Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Changes....Ugh!



Catherine has left us...

For those of you who have not met Catherine, she has been our housekeeper (aka househero) for 2 1/2 years. I used to say that Catherine was our "Alice" like on the Brady Bunch, but I never saw Alice do the following:
  • step over baby gates while carrying a heaping laundry basket or

  • help fix lunch with a twin on each hip or

  • turn off an alarm on a feeding pump or

  • clean up insulation after a tornado or

  • go run a bill payment across town or
....well, you get the idea. Needless to say, Catherine's job outgrew the "Alice" description a few kids ago.


BUT she has left us for higher education at Berea College in Kentucky. It will be an awesome opportunity for her, BUT oh how we will miss her! I just entered her last time sheet for the payroll company so it is official and I must accept it...she has left us.

Monday there will not be a Catherine here at 9am & on Tuesday life starts with our new "Alice".

Catherine once said when speaking of the interruptions to housework at our home, "The disappointment at my lack of progress is offset by imagining how bad it would be if I wasn't here".

No comments:

Post a Comment