Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Cerebral Folate Deficiency


Today was day 4 of Jon being on Deplin to increase the folate that can reach his brain. (The picture to the left was taken yesterday.) I REALLY think I'm seeing improvements but I am trying not to get too excited, just in case it is just me being a hopeful mom. I (and others) have heard him say watermelon, plus he is vocalizing more in general. I think he already is showing more head control, but I'll let the therapists judge that this week.


This means it was also day 4 of no milk products and a nasty soy formula that he won't drink! He will drink the "Very Vanilla" Silk in his cereal, but it lacks the calories and protein he needs. Next week Jon will get a feeding tube put back, which means I will be able to feed the nasty soy formula to him overnight without him having to taste it!

No comments:

Post a Comment