Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bugs...& Pretzels

We are apparently having our first bug of the school year already. Matt got the sniffles first, then Nate & Corrine & finally someone shared with me. So now I've got the germ-X, lysol and anti-bacterial soap to try to stop this crude before it gets to anyone else. Its like my own mini-war.

Nate has me worried as he tries to fight this cold bug. He is on antibiotics and seems to be holding his own, but he is not improving yet. I'm praying this is just a passing thing because it is too soon to start the winter respiratory illness fight.

Jon had a part of his stomach removed during his surgery last week. It was sent to pathology and some infections (yeap...more "bugs") were discovered so he just started three new medications and we now have an appointment with a gastroenterologist. So far the meds don't upset his stomach, but all combined it is a LOT of medication.

I'm happy to report that the rest of the week has been much calmer than Monday. Today even included some singing, book reading to the babies and....of course, no day would be complete without an argument with insurance.

Today I made Spicy Pretzels for our after school snack...as always it was a hit. I got the recipe from some of my MBA students. The recipe is as follows:

1 lb. off brand pretzels (1 package)--Name brands don't seem to work as well
¾ Cup Oil
1 pkg. Ranch dressing mix
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. garlic salt
½ tsp. lemon pepper

Mix ingredients together and pour over pretzels (I use 1 gallon Ziplock bag and just flip them). Stir or mix every 10-15 minutes until pretzels appear mostly dry (about an hour will do).

No comments:

Post a Comment