Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cucumber Sandwiches

Today I made a new recipe that I got from a friend. It was excellent, but before I tell you about it...I have an ethical duty to warn you that this recipe should have a Surgeon Generals Warning about its addictiveness.

I am knee deep in cucumbers from friends and family members gardens and I'm a bit too busy to do serious canning (but I did do some freezer pickles). So I remembered that a friend had a recipe for cucumber sandwiches, she gave me the recipe (without a warning) and I made this mixture last night for today's lunch. It was a hit!

1 block of cream cheese
1 packet of Italian dressing mix (dry)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Mix above and let it refrigerate overnight. Spread on choice of bread (we used rye) and garnish with a sprinkle of dill weed over slices of cucumber.

However, when you tell kids that you are having cucumber sandwiches, well...they have doubts. Then our housekeeper (aka "househero") had never heard of them. She had such a a polite but funny reaction. She was REALLY concerned about our food budget if we were down to eating cucumber sandwiches.

After lunch Grace kept going back for leftovers and using the sandwich spread as dip! It is always fun ...and in this case addictive....to find new ways to eat garden fresh goodies!

We remember the fish, which we did eat in Egypt freely; the cucumbers, and the melons, and the leeks, and the onions, and the garlick--Numbers 11:5

No comments:

Post a Comment