Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 1: Spring Break Projects

DELAYS
Well, our day started with hubby's eye appointment and me watching the kids while I tried to work on reports.  Then about the time hubby got home, the school called and said that Hannah was sick with the flu so he took off to get her; armed with extra clothes, a towel and a bag.  Hannah got home and comfortable, just in time for the next "round".  Therefore our projects didn't get started until 2pm.  I took the babies, Grace & David to get a part for the Prius in Joplin that I had ordered after Mr. Workman blew a tire on his way to work on Thursday.  That tire did ALL kinds of body damage when it blew and the tire was LESS than 90 days old!  I already spend $50 on fixing the blinker and the tire and this broken lens cover part that had me in Joplin instead of helping at home.  (Plus I still need a side mirror and am hoping ebay can help me save some money.)

WORKING

L to R:  Mark and Luke
with "their" flags.

So I got back with the kids who immediately started being helpful....um, sort of...David was being helpful until a friend invited him to play, but we appreciated his 5 wagon loads of leaves that he collected for us.  The twins were playing while we worked and found these neat orange flags marking the AT & T lines in our yards and the decided these were the perfect toy so when I looked up, Luke had one in each hand and was declaring, "Un fer Mark and un fer me!"  They were very happy with their finds!  Daddy is glad he took "before" pictures so he knows about where DigRite had the flag placed!

Not exactly a romantic evening by the fire.
We were able to get 3 side of the house free of leaves and cut out two overgrown bushes.  Ed also trimmed the hedges.  We had hoped to get all the leaves burned and two more bushes removed, but considering the unplanned flu and errand to Joplin, we are pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment