Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Chicken Recipe

I usually share recipes and homemade things in March as part of a Made in March theme, but so far I've only been blogging about the deck so today I have a great baked chicken dish for you.

You can call this whatever you wish.  It was just something I threw together as a variation on cordon-blu and it stuck as a new favorite.

Chicken breast, plain or dipped in bread crumbs
spaghetti sauce or even pizza sauce
deli pepperoni (3 or 4" big circles)
sliced provalone or other favorite cheese

Put a small bit of sauce in the baking dish.  Add chicken breast and top each with pepperoni slice(s) and a cheese slice.  Dump the rest of the sauce over the chicken.  Add olives, mushrooms or other favorite add-ons.  Bake at 350 until the thickest chicken breast is done.  Sprinkle with more cheese like parmasan and serve with salad, your choice of veggies, pasta, and warm crusty bread.  Also, if you have really picky eaters, you can throw in some frozen meatballs to reheat with the chicken cooking and this recipe can be made in a skillet or crock-pot too.

No comments:

Post a Comment