Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

When the scales won't drop...

Hubby and I on a recent (and rare)
date night.
I have been stuck for 4 weeks.  I have had what TOPS calls "turtles".  No change in my weight and no progress.  It is the pinnacle of frustration.  Especially when I haven't splurged, indulged or even sniffed a food that I shouldn't! Sacrifice equals results...right?!  Well, not so much here lately.

I tried a number of "tricks" to try to end this plateau including eating more raw, increasing my water consumption and avoiding all except the leanest proteins.  However, I had to admit that it might be time to apply some of that nasty "E" word.  You know the one.  Exercise.  I went to two water aerobics class and did some crutch-walking (1/4 mile).  I am pleased to say that yesterday I weighed in, and I had a 1 1/4 pound loss.  It wasn't the 3 pounds that I was dreaming of...but I am happy to see the scales moving down again.  Considering the results, I guess I will be scheduling some more of that E word this coming week.

For those of you who don't know, this brings my weight loss to 157 pounds.  Just 2 1/2 more pounds and I will be half the woman that I was in January 2013.  (Now if only, I hadn't let myself get to be 3xs the woman that I was on my wedding day!) 

1 comment:

  1. You can do it, Leatta!! I might need to incorporate some of that "E" word, too. :-P

    ReplyDelete