Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Friday, July 11, 2014

Day 4: THAT Call from Home & Being Sore

The first session today started at 9am and went until almost 12:30pm.  It was a great session with a wonderful before and after parade called Lost Baggage.  People showed their old clothes and their new healthier size and everyone looked great!!!  The Century awards were so inspiring.  Jo who has lost over 300 pounds is my hero!  I cannot wait until I qualify for the Century award.

Then this afternoon, I got THAT call from home.  The "when will you be home...I am exhausted" call.  I actually thought that I would get THAT call Tuesday, but hubby is tougher than I thought!  However, I was able to give him some encouragement and tips on bribes, deals and food choices that should improve his last two days on solo.  (Come to find out, he was giving the boys Kool-aid as a treat for good behavior which is kind of like shooting yourself in the foot with our boys...red dye does not improve behavior and the sugar just makes them hyper.) 

I am so proud of my husband for taking this on alone! No one call Family Services...Angela (our house hero) is helping him during the day...but even with Angela our crew is a 24/7 job and it works best with two parents on duty.  Trust me, I know when hubby is away on debate team trips; it is a BIG job AND without Grace and Corrine to lend a hand, it is even a BIGGER job!  I am so proud that he is willing to do this to help us stay motivated and on our journey to better health.

The long sit during the morning session left my hips sore...VERY sore so I confess that I had to skip this evening's long session.  My morning will start very early in the morning so we can be packed and ready to check out of the hotel.  I took a LONG soak in a VERY HOT bath and went to bed early!  Tomorrow afternoon I start the long drive home and my hips are probably not going to like that sitting either.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of your hubby being exhausted, I just want to give a shout out that he's doing great solo. While I've been there the house has been fairly calm and definitely under control. I didn't feel like I was needed as much as I would have thought and I was even able to get almost all my hours in for Jon. I have all confidence that he'll be able to survive the next two days. :)

    ReplyDelete