Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Purpose of Faith

Do you have any great recipes? Any secret recipes? Any that are so good that even if no one asks you for a recipe, then you are telling friends about the great dish that you have found?

For me, talking (or in this case blogging) about my faith is as natural as talking about a great recipe. To me faith is a key ingredient in the recipe for a well-lived life. Some aspects of my faith are like a secret family recipe because they are so unique to me that others might misunderstand or not appreciate the sweetness or bitterness. However, most aspects of my faith cannot be secret as it is part of my purpose and the foundation of my satisfaction with life.

So as you read my blogs, you will read about my faith. It is not meant to offend you anymore than my giving you a recipe that you don't like, just accept that it's one of my favorites. It does not have to be your favorite recipe too (but I would be lying if I lead you to believe that I am not hoping you will like it too).

(BTW-You are welcome to share any and all good recipes with me, especially crock pot meals.)

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.--Hebrews 11:6

No comments:

Post a Comment