Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Friday, June 25, 2010

Affliction

To be honest "affliction" did not seem like a very positive word to use in my blog title with nice words like "faith, family and joy". In fact, I seriously considered stopping at "faith, family and joy", BUT then I thought of all those sappy sweet Christmas letters. You know the ones, that say all the great things in their lives, but not a mention of what really happened in the past year. I didn't want my blog to be like those letters! Plus afflictions or troubles are a big part of every one's lives and a big part of what changes our priorities, focuses our energies and develops our character.


For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory; --2 Cor 4:17

How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality. --2 Cor 8:2

No comments:

Post a Comment