Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Recognition and Encouragement

Recognition

In 2013, I lost 131 pounds.  Grace lost 49.25 pounds.  Corrine lost 23 pounds.  We did this with the support and encouragement of our local TOPS chapter in Neosho.

TOPS divides members into divisions based on their weight at their first weigh in each year and they have a special category for teens and pre-teen.  In our local chapter, we all were 1st place winners because we were each in different divisions.  At our Tuesday meeting, we each received a recognition ribbon, pin and a special lunch out with our chapter friends.  It was very nice.

Then this weekend, we traveled to the Missouri TOPS meeting in St Louis AND we all received 1st place in each of our divisions for the State of Missouri!  We had a lovely time and we met the TOPS President Barb Cady.  As part of the program, we each had to give a short speech.  Grace and Corrine did awesome!  Grace is not a crowd/audience lover and she survived.  No one would have guessed that she was out of her comfort zone.  Corrine was a crowd favorite with her smile and animated speech.

Left to Right:  TOPS President Barb Cady, Me (Leatta), Corrine & Grace

Encouragement

So far in 2014, I have only lost 10 pounds.  It is understandable considering the pregnancy and miscarriage, but it is discouraging!  By this time last year, I had lost 42 1/2 pounds!

It was encouraging to see the success stories while in St. Louis.  It was even encouraging to see the folks who had lost a lot (like me), but then they had not yet finished the job to get to goal.  It reminded me that I cannot get discouraged!  It would be incredibly unhealthy to lose 42 1/2 pounds in 12 weeks considering my current weight, but I know from my past success that I can and will do better than 10 pounds in the next 12 weeks!  The guest keynote speaker spoke on cognitive psychology and the effects that our outlook has on our weight loss.  It was all "stuff" that I knew from college, but it was a well-timed reminder! 

No comments:

Post a Comment