Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Neosho Master Gardeners Tamed My Jungle

March 2012 before the jungle "leafed out".
I REALLY wish I had taken a recent before picture, but all I have is this photo from March before everything leafed out and started taking over the front of my house. It had truly gotten out of control and too much for Grace and I to manage alone.  The ornamental grass had spread and blocked the down stairs door, hostas needed divided, and vinca vines were out of control.  A healthy size crop of polk was growing in the beds, not to mention Elm tree starts and dandelions.  It was so overgrown that the retaining walls could not be seen!

Today after a BIG cleanup!
Then a very nice lady from the Neosho Master Gardeners contacted me to see if I could use any volunteer help.  She had NO IDEA!  She came over and looked at my jungle last week, and today she returned with a fabulous group of gardeners who tamed the area in less than 4 hours!  Such a blessing!  They sized the beds down to a portion that I have a shot at controlling.  The out of control bushes were removed and the area in front can be seeded back to lawn.  Plus  I can open the downstairs door to my office without having to part and sort my way through the decorative grass to get in/out. 
I can open the office door and get in/out!


A BIG thank you to the Neosho Master Gardeners!  I am so pleased with how it looks.  I REALLY appreciate your help. 




For the earth [is] the Lord's,
and the fulness thereof.
~~I Corinthians 10:26

No comments:

Post a Comment