Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Monday, May 7, 2012

Chicken Run

Well, the little chicks started trying to fly last week so they moved into their Country Cottage House both night & day. (and OUT of my bathroom!) With their move, the need for a place for the chickens to "play" outside was quickly upon us.  Mr. Workman had state debate tournament on Friday & Saturday in Topeka.  So our already busy Sunday, now had the request that we build a chicken run. 

Mr. Workman & I looked through the garages for what we might already have to aid in building a quick & temporary run.  An old broken folding table from my office, an old sliding screen door, some scrap lumber and some chicken wire AND about 60 minutes with the staple gun AND the chicken run was complete.  Granted it is not beautiful (and may violate our neighborhood covenant), but it is functional.  Most importantly the chickens seem to like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment