|For some kids, school is the most|
exciting place to learn.
- Highly experienced staff is a huge benefit to children, especially to those who are struggling. For example, a teacher may know several ways to teach a certain skill or they may be able to easily spot missing skills before these cause a child to fall behind.
- Highly qualified teachers and other professionals are available as a resource for the children and their families. Most teachers now have or are getting their Master's degrees and they are deeply committed to knowing their subject matter. These individuals have invested their nights, weekends and Summers to be fully prepared for the needs of all children.
- The diversity of peers in the school setting helps children learn to interact and work with a wide variety of personalities. Children learn that not every child has a home like their own and they can see why some kids need extra adults besides parents to keep them safe. I remember my daughter Grace's surprise that not every child had enough food at home. It was a sad lesson, but she learned a lot about helping others and using adults to get help that year. She used her money to buy her classmate's school supplies and she went and talked to the school counselor about her friend needing food, which resulted in help for her friend.
- Children who need specialized help such as Braille instruction, diaper changes, tube feedings, equipment like standers and things like hearing aid checks get theses and more as part of their daily routine. Children who cannot work independently while a parent is instructing a sibling are kept active with a full routine during their school day.
- Children who are motivated by peers to work hard benefit from group projects and even recess. Older kids are encouraged by peers' experiences to try new things like theatre, sports, debate, band, and so much more.
- In the world of internet and email, teachers are easier than ever to reach with concerns and questions. This accessibly means that teachers and parents can work as a team on behaviors, academics, etc. The days for teacher conferences are over (in my opinion) because I know how my child is doing well before the twice a year conference.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth. ~~II Timothy 2:15 KJV