The contest only goes until April 24th and we only have a chance to win if we are in the top 10 for receiving the most votes on facebook so yes it is highly unlikely we will win. Considering that I already CAVED, if you are on facebook and have a few minutes drop by this link: Ecomom and vote for us.
This is our wish list if we win:
- New heating and air unit-The one we have now is too small for our house because when the previous owns built on, they did not increase the size of the heating and air unit. The a/c freezes up about 4 times per summer and always on the hottest days. Since Nate cannot handle the heat well, we retreat to the mall, the (non-smoking) bowling alley or other air conditioned family friendly places until it thaws several hours later. Plus Grace's room is never as warm or cool as it should be so this would end her needing extra fan/heater. (The heater always makes me nervous.) We had priced fixing this before and it was $14,000.
- Air filtration system to improve breathing for Nate. Others like Jon, Hannah and myself with allergies will benefit too, but Nate will notice this one the most! We price this before and it was $2800.
- Water filtration system would end our purchasing water for Nate. We think this would be around $1000.
- Remove carpeting from the downstairs and replace with a dust free option. We think $6500.
- Add a second w/d that is energy efficient.
- Enlarge my raised bed garden.
- Install a roll-in shower for Jon in the downstairs bathroom so he can get a "real" bath easier. Right now he gets bed baths and a real bath 2x a month. We had gotten a price on this before and it was $5000.)*
- Install a lift between the upstairs and the downstairs. This will make it much easier to get Jon, Vanessa, laundry & myself up/down. (Varies $12,000 & up)*
So now I just have to avoid the daily articles that Ecomom sends me on "stuff" that I "need" for my home until April 24th AND if I get too discontent, then I guess I can splurge and get myself a cookie sheet at a yard sale! (Oh, see there...this is why I hate contests and sweepstakes...already has me thinking about another cookie sheet!)
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.--Psalms 23:1
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned,
in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. --Philippians 4:11