Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Nate's Gotcha Day


Today we celebrated Nate's First Gotcha Day. It was great to remember and be thankful for all the protection, guidance and provision that God has given Nate and our family during the past year. It has been such a blessing to watch doors close and doors open as we prayed and sought God's plan.


I truly can understand where in the 2nd chapter of Luke, it is mentioned twice that Mary kept all these things in her heart and pondered them. Certainly Mary had more to keep & ponder, in fact I cannot imagine how full of joy and thanksgiving her heart must have been. I know I will always rejoice when remembering certain things that I know only God could do for Nate. Specifically, I remember and am in awe of God's workings in the following:


  • my feeling at peace when the doctor and nurse practitioner in St. Louis explained that comfort may be all we could offer Nate since repair surgery would be risky, expensive and long term recovery too difficult to support in Haiti; I was amazed at the time (and still now) at the extra measure of faith that God provided to me. I never doubted that God had other plans.

  • witnessing so many people taking a personal interest in Nate...some people who I had just met because of Nate and many more who I had never met prayed for us, financially helped with Nate's care, and in one case rescued me (a week after we met) when my car broke down and drove us the rest of the way to the hospital and in time to still have the procedure done!

  • having gas be provided or just "show up" in my tank when the budget was its tightest.

  • a stranger calling, introducing herself and helping us open the door to care in Little Rock.

  • having an Oxygen tank malfunction and needing a replacement while outside our company's service area and watching Nate's story soften the spiritual heart of man who we would never have met otherwise.

  • due to congestion, ending up back in the same ER that Nate visited on his 1st morning in our home, and having the same doctors stopping to see if it really was the same baby...they listened and marvel at his repaired heart....I couldn't help, but think this was God taking a victory lap! It still makes me smile!

Since Nate's arrival, I have had more of what the world calls "dumb luck" such as car beak downs, flats, financial stresses, financial surprises, changed plans and general inconveniences than in the last couple decades. However, with each situation, I saw God directing our paths, touching not just our life, but the lives of others. As our 14 year old daughter Grace would say, "Nate is one special dude". It is my honor to be his mom.


But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.--Matthew 19:14


I will praise thee; for I am fearfully [and] wonderfully made: marvellous [are] thy works; and [that] my soul knoweth right well.--Psalms 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment