- my feeling at peace when the doctor and nurse practitioner in St. Louis explained that comfort may be all we could offer Nate since repair surgery would be risky, expensive and long term recovery too difficult to support in Haiti; I was amazed at the time (and still now) at the extra measure of faith that God provided to me. I never doubted that God had other plans.
- witnessing so many people taking a personal interest in Nate...some people who I had just met because of Nate and many more who I had never met prayed for us, financially helped with Nate's care, and in one case rescued me (a week after we met) when my car broke down and drove us the rest of the way to the hospital and in time to still have the procedure done!
- having gas be provided or just "show up" in my tank when the budget was its tightest.
- a stranger calling, introducing herself and helping us open the door to care in Little Rock.
- having an Oxygen tank malfunction and needing a replacement while outside our company's service area and watching Nate's story soften the spiritual heart of man who we would never have met otherwise.
- due to congestion, ending up back in the same ER that Nate visited on his 1st morning in our home, and having the same doctors stopping to see if it really was the same baby...they listened and marvel at his repaired heart....I couldn't help, but think this was God taking a victory lap! It still makes me smile!
Since Nate's arrival, I have had more of what the world calls "dumb luck" such as car beak downs, flats, financial stresses, financial surprises, changed plans and general inconveniences than in the last couple decades. However, with each situation, I saw God directing our paths, touching not just our life, but the lives of others. As our 14 year old daughter Grace would say, "Nate is one special dude". It is my honor to be his mom.
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.--Matthew 19:14
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully [and] wonderfully made: marvellous [are] thy works; and [that] my soul knoweth right well.--Psalms 139:14