Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The BUSY Weekend

Matt with the cake Angela made
for his birthday.
This weekend could not have been more packed full of excitement and energy.  In fact it has spilled on over into the start of this week!  Friday was Matt's 7th Birthday.  Saturday was lunch with family at grandma's. Sunday was David's 11th Birthday and Mother's Day.  Then Monday evening was Vanessa's 4th grade graduation and tonight (Tuesday) was Hannah's band concert. 

Friday started with Matt bouncing off the walls and he left for school almost vibrating! He had been waiting impatiently for this day for months!  So after the twins, Nate and I took Hannah to Pittsburg to school, I headed to Wal-Mart to get cupcakes and juice for Matt's class AND David's class.  (I must have looked like a pack mule carrying 48 cupcakes and 40 juice boxes into school!)


New glasses!
After school, we had to make a quick trip to the Vision Center because Vanessa had broke her glasses at school so we had to buy new frames (of course the warranty had expired..ugh).  Then we headed home for me to make Matt's requested birthday dinner....frozen pizza!  Have I mentioned how much I love this kid!  Such a simple request!  And he was more excited about his frozen pizza than the other kids have been about culinary masterpieces that they have requested! 

Saturday morning started at 5:40am.  Not because it had to start so early, but because the twins decided that we had overslept and should be on the way to Grandma's house!  Ed kept them busy until it was finally time to go and we loaded the bus...and found out the battery was dead.  So we UNloaded the bus and tightly packed everyone and everything into both of our cars.  At Grandma's the kids ran and played with cousins and ate ice cream/cake and opened birthday presents.  Then we packed back up and drove home.  After we got home, I cut 4 little boys' hair and Ed's hair.  Finally ending the day with head washings and baths.


David's pick!
Sunday started with church.  Then a light lunch at home before Grace took David and I out for OrangeLeaf.  While we were in Joplin, David did some shopping with his birthday money and I picked up the final groceries for his requested birthday dinner of salmon with shrimp and watermelon.  David did not want a cake...just watermelon..so that is what we did!


Photo by Barb Lake of the graduation program
Monday which originally had only one appointment quickly filled with activity, and it was afternoon before I was ready!  However, we still made it to Vanessa's graduation program on time.

Hannah at her concert.
Tonight, Hannah had a band concert in Pittsburg and she did great.  Hannah has only been back in Pittsburg Schools for about 6 weeks so we did not know if she would be ready for tonight, but she did it.  She obviously enjoyed the second song that they did.  It included marching and she smiled and would laugh every time that it was time to march.  A man sitting next to me who did not know that she was my daughter and said, "She loves music."  I said, "Yes she does.  She is my daughter." He said, "She is a joy to watch."  I thought to myself, "I couldn't agree more".

Busy weekends are fun, but I am ready for a slower pace next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment