Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco de Mayo Baja Grasa (Low Fat)

With Cinco de Mayo this month, I have been experimenting with low fat dishes that are full of flavor to satisfy my love of foods from the southwest.  These are what I've tried so far.


Enchilada Chicken


I put chicken in the crock pot with my homemade enchilada sauce and let it cook on low for about 5 hours.  Then I added a cup of the sauce and red beans to the rice and water in my steamer for a flavorful and easy Spanish rice.  I topped it with black olives and cheese.  This was yummy and easy!




 




For a light lunch, I put some cooked lean taco meat and the leftover Spanish rice (from above recipe) in a raw 1/2 of a green pepper and I topped it with cheese.  It could be baked for stuffed peppers, but the raw crunch is very satisfying.









I LOVE green chili and I LOVE cheese sauce.  This next one will become a frequent dinner at our house.  It has so much flavor.


I seasoned my raw chicken with Ms. Dash Fiesta Lime seasoning and then seared the breast in a pan with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. When it was well seared, I added lime juice and chopped green chili. Then I covered it with a lid and let it simmer until the chicken was done.


Then I took 3 wedges of low fat Laughing Cow Veggie Cream Cheese spread and added 3 tablespoons of milk and 2 tablespoons of green chili.  Finally, I microwaved it for 1 minutes and stirred it until it was smooth.  Lastly I drizzled some of the cheese sauce over the chicken.  This was definately our family's favorite of my experiments with low fat Cinco de Mayo foods!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment