Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Sunday, November 14, 2010

US Adoption

In the United States:
  • Of the more than 500,000 children living in foster care, 129,000 cannot return to their families and are waiting to be adopted. Among these children:
    • Males outnumber females.
    • African American children are disproportionately represented.
    • Nearly two-thirds are age six or older.
  • The average length of stay in foster care for children awaiting adoption is 44 months.
  • More than 41 percent spend two to five years in foster care.
  • Nearly 20 percent are trapped in foster care for five years or more.

Focus on the Family president and chief executive Jim Daly said.
"I was one of those kids — a kid that doesn't have a mom and dad. I was never adopted, but I was very appreciative of the people who came along to mentor me.“
"If my Bible math is right, God reminds us 47 times to take care of widows and orphans. This country has something like 300,000 churches and 130,000 orphans. The math is pretty simple."

No comments:

Post a Comment