Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Preparations

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays although I have always found it a bit odd that it arrives during the least financially abundant times of the year in our household.  Thanksgiving coincides with the October medical bills from meeting our annual health insurance deductibles, the property tax bills, and my business' insurances.  However, maybe this is how it should be since it focuses us on all our blessings, not just material ones. Faith, family, friends, love, health, happiness, and being together top my thankfulness list.  I'm also thankful for wonderful people from church who brought us a turkey with lots of trimmings including fresh fruit and a gold fish (long story, but David is impressed....the fish is even front and center in the photo below).  What a blessing! 

In the mist of getting Thanksgiving preparations started, our hot water heater started acting up.  I was thinking that I'd have to wait to get it fixed until after Thanksgiving, but a friend came and fixed it today!   I was so happy! 

As of last night the cooking and meal prep has begun!  We are having Thanksgiving with my parents and family on Wednesday.  Since I am a highly committed cook (sarcasm), I signed up to bring the crudités.  However, I also put together a cheese tray and made some Chex snack mix. 

Then on Thursday, we will be home for our own family meal with friends.  It is good that we will be home because right now the weatherman is saying that there is a chance of snow on Thursday.  This year's is Jon, Matt, Mark and Luke's first Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment