Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

What a fun, busy day!  Mr. Workman got up (let me sleep) and started the rolls and the turkey so when I got up I was actually feeling pretty rested.  Of course, we had all the trimmings, 2 types of stuffing, noodles, mashed potatoes, gravy, salads, cranberry sauce, and pies.  As is our tradition, before we ate 
A picture taken by Grace as we were getting the
table set to eat.  We get asked a lot,
"How big is your table?"
The answer: 120" long with 5 chairs,
one adaptive feeding chair, &
2 benches.
we each said one thing that we were thankful for this year. 
    
  • I said "living in a safe place" (thinking of Haiti and drought stricken west Africa ). 
  • Mr. Workman said "health"
  • David said "turkey"
  • Corrine said "family"
  • Vanessa said "sisters"
  • Matt said "poppy" (grand-dad). 
  • Hannah said "mac n cheese"
  • Jon just smiled big, and
  • Grace who went last said "that this activity is over so we can eat"! 
With that Mr. Workman prayed, and we ate A LOT of great food!  After dinner, there was football to watch and some movies for those who weren't interested in football.

Then after everyone was in bed, Mr. Workman and I planned the morning shopping trip for Christmas bargains.  Unfortunately, even with the best planning, I only got about 30% of our list....I'm afraid I have a lot of shopping ahead of me!  However, I did get one great bargain at Office Depot.  It was a 4-in-1 office machine for $29, which I really needed since the kids accidentally knocked my fax machine onto the ceramic tile floor.  This was a surprise buy that I had not seen in the ad, but it will be put to immediate use!


As another nice surprise, Mr. Workman and I got breakfast together at Cracker Barrel!  Just us (and the 1200 other people with the same idea)...it was crowded, but it was SO nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment