Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Monday, August 15, 2011

Summertime Fun/Work Continued

This summer all of the kids have gone along with me to one workplace or another and then on to some "fun" activity.  Well, someone got left out!  Mr.Workman got forgot!  So this morning before dawn, we snuck out to Kansas for me to do some surveys.  Then when our work was done, I took him to a restaurant that we had not been to since my birthday in January...yeah, be jealous, we went to lunch at Cafe on the Route in Baxter Springs, KS.  It was delicious!  I had smoked salmon with apple and chive chutney with a side of rice and awesome veggies.  Mr. W had some lots of meat pasta dish...not my thing.  Of course, we had desserts too.  Mr. W had the fried carmel cheesecake and I had a very tasty chocolate torte.

We even got Mr. W a souvenir t-shirt so he too would feel "vacationed".  Plus we were home by 3pm so he could go pay the electric bill and save the stamp.  Speaking of which, my customers are getting paid up on their invoices and only a few are still delinquent from the government shut-down scare.  Life is sure sweeter when people are paying their bills so I can pay mine!
Mr. W holding up his new t-shirt beside of a great place
to eat on old Route 66.

No comments:

Post a Comment