Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Sunday, July 17, 2011

What ifs....Camp & Food

Grace  (second from the left) shortly after
arriving at Camp Kivu this weekend.
Things have been really tight at our house this summer.  We still don't have our tax return due to our adoption tax credit being "reviewed" and the regular expenses of a family with 10 kids have been MORE regular than usual....I think everyone purposefully waited to outgrow their shoes, socks and undies simultaneously!   Talk about a serious investment!

However, all the tight living, car trouble and working as fast as I can to catch up has me thinking....well, actually worrying.  The "what ifs" are in full bloom!  What if we don't have put tax return in time to pay the attorney and for homeschool curriculum; what if the Durango needs more repairs; what if so many need our help if social security checks are help;  what if my contract work for Social Security has the payments tied up in the budget problems...BUT then right there in the middle of my worries....God starts dropping blessings.  Its just amazing.  Grace's summer fun had been postponed, but Grace just recently got a scholarship to go back to Camp Kivu this year and we had the funds to get her to camp.  Grace LOVES Camp Kivu so this is the highlight of her summer!  And then a fellow Freecycler offered us boxes of "extra" food including cereals, canned goods, pastas, and rice dinners...undoubtedly $100 plus worth of food.  Truly a blessing!

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. ~~I Peter 5:7 

No comments:

Post a Comment