Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Jon & Blogging


Our Pediatrician's office (top floor) in Joplin.  They will have
a temporary office next week.  I cannot find a picture of
my doctor's office as there doesn't seem to be anything
left.  Our eye doctor's office is gone too.

Jon's hip surgery on Monday went well and he has only had one set back.  Today they had to give him a blood transfusion due to his blood count falling and his heart racing.  Originally Jon was expected to be in the hospital until Monday, but yesterday the doctors in St. Louis wanted him to come home and be monitored by our pediatrician. However, with the tornado damage in Joplin, we advocated for them to keep him and get him in a more stable condition.  We explained that our doctor's office doesn't exist anymore; she is working out of the Memorial Hall (a civic center) and the only hospital has enough to handle.  Daddy is with him this week and I'm ready for Jon and Daddy to be home, but I want Jon's pain to be controlled and for it to be safe for him to be here.

I have a general policy, not to blog unless I'm "basically" caught up on my "real" jobs....of course, I NEVER really feel caught up, but this month has been exceptionally bad.  I have overdue post-placement reports, invites to the family reunion that are still being returned to me, and more new work pouring in than I have time for AND then there was a tornado in Joplin....you may have heard about it :) We did not have any storm damage other than some water that got into the basement so we are very thankful.  However, just 11 miles north, there are so many needs, so much saddness and so much hope.....SO...I apologize for my blog absence this month, but maybe this weekend will help me "get on top of all my many irons sitting in the fire".  Please keep our family & our community in your prayers.  Pray that the Lord will guide us and allow us to be a real help to those in need around us.  
"Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom:
She and her daughters were arrogant,
overfed and unconcerned;
they did not help the poor and needy."
~Ezekiel 16:49

No comments:

Post a Comment