Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Monday, February 7, 2011

Snow Days Survival

I usually love snow days and vacation days.  I enjoy having the kids home so we can play as a family.  The kids enjoy special these times together as much as I do,  However, it has now been a week of snow days.  A week of cabin fever.  A week of too cold to spend much time outside, and I'm worn out!  We've cooked a lot.  We've ate a lot!  We have read, watched movies, played computer and board games for HOURS.  Some of us have played in the snow.  Some of us have done sewing, lesson plans, grading, sorting and cleaning.  HOWEVER, we are all ready for it to melt now.  Even David, who we believe prayed and ordered up these recent snow storms, is ready to go back to school. 

So as I face yet another snow day tomorrow and the possibility of 1 to 5 more inches of snow, I am making plans quickly to make it fun, stress free and hopefully one of our last snow days this school year!  Today I got to reduce my cabin fever by going to teach a college class, but I'm afraid the kid's cabin fever is worse than ever!  Grandma and grand-dad came to visit today too and Grand-dad took Corrine to the library (one of the first days that they have been open).  Unfortunately, her outing seems to have made her cabin fever reach a critical need for more outings! 

This abundance of snow days has even our biggest snow day fans wanting it to melt.  David was quizzing me for new ideas of activities to do because he was bored, and I suggested he play in the snow.  Much to my surprise, he whined, "Not that again."  As I look at the forecast tonight, I must say I whined, "Not that again." This is officially TOO much of a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment