Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Now what was I doing?

"Now....what was I doing?" would best describe the last couple days. For some reason, the minutes since Sunday would best be counted by the number of interruptions to my interruptions. Some people probably think this is how everyday is at our house...but thankfully...no.

Time is typically marked by
who is awake,
who is napping,
who gets meds,
who gets fed,
who gets to color,
who wants to sing,
who wants to read a book,
who wants a hug,
who has homework,
who needs a diaper change,
and who will let momma go do some work in her office.

We follow an orderly schedule. Things may not always happen at the same time each day due to therapies, music lessons, home school co-op, sports and visitors, but the order of activities stays about the same.

I think a variety of things have us a bit off from our usual flow.
One big one is grandma was here last week and the kids are ALWAYS more demanding when grandma is here or has just been here.
A second one is a new house is being built next door on the lot that we were going to buy. The older kids are grieving the loss of space for soccer, flying kites and such. (I would be lying if I said that I wasn't disappointed too. We had been saving to pay cash rather than finance, but we thought that the seller knew that we would get financing if needed to keep it from being sold!) BUT is like I told Grace, God knows our needs and meets our needs....apparently we just "thought" we needed that lot...God knows best.

However, the builder shows NO AWARENESS of having so many children close by as he works. The foundation is only 15 feet off our property line. I asked the builder to put up a construction zone fence for Hannah's safety, but he says its my job to watch my own kids....I agree with him completely, but it only takes a moment for an accident to happen especially when a child cannot see and does not hear well. Ed says we will see about having the last 35' on that side of the yard fenced and hopefully we can get it done quickly....I've always thought dogs should be fenced in and NOT children, but trying to track who is inside, who is outside and where are they in the yard is a full time job....everything else is an interruption!


The Lord IS my Shepherd; I shall NOT want. --Psalm 23:1

No comments:

Post a Comment