Favorite "Meditation of My Heart"

Call unto me,

and I will answer thee,

and shew thee great and mighty things,

which thou knowest not. --Jeremiah 33:3 KJV

Friday, August 10, 2012

BIG Bad Cyber-Bully Mommy Bloggers

I have had my fill of it!  I can't stand to read another blog article by a "lovely Christian mom" who would probably never say a harsh word to a friend, BUT who feels loosened, compelled and perhaps God ordained to blog harsh criticisms telling other Christian mom's how to do things right.  I'm not talking about scriptural based advice or heart touching stories of how things work for them.  I'm talking about personal bias and opinions being passed on by Christian women as more important to share than the Gospel of Jesus Christ!  For some reason, encouraging each other in the Word has fallen out of blogging style.  Now, my disgust IS with expert Christian moms slamming life paths of others and professing to know God's best direction for ALL Christians.  Furthermore, they make it sound like not following THEM will destroy a Christian family.  

In case you haven't had the pleasure of reading some of this unloving, paranoid propaganda, let me summarize the issues that Cyber-bullies know will ruin your Christian home.  Some are the following:
  • not having a home birth
  • not breastfeeding  
  • not homeschooling every child in your home (& no one writes a better persuasive blog than a home school mom...we teach persuasive writing!)
  • working outside the home
  • squandering money by getting a tattoo or piercing
  • using day care or preschool
  • letting government services in your life/home (like early intervention therapists, Parents As Teachers or WIC)
  • letting your older children date or pick their mate
  • studying world religions, philosophy or learning about other cultures
  • and not disciplining your child with swats
I must disclose for the sake of honesty that I am a home school mom.  I work from home. I don't have money for tattoos or cruises and I hate the pain of needles.  I'm not saying there aren't good ideas for some people in the list above.  However, to present the ideas as being superior or inferior in the Christian walk is to deny God His proper place as Lord of our lives.  We as Christians are not all called to the same purpose in the "body of Christ".  1 Corinthians 12 covers this better than I can.

I do think certain things work well for our family such as crock pot meals, owning a bus, and not having credit cards.  However, the most important "thing" in our home is to be submitted to God and living a lifestyle that He has called us to, which is set apart from non-Christians.  Hopefully this set apart lifestyle is recognizable by our love for the Lord our God and others...ALL others. 

When I see these "preaching rants" on subjects like the ones above, it makes me sad because I can name the Christian women who upon reading these posts might feel discouraged, defeated or even doubt the path that God has placed them on.  It makes me think of  Proverbs 3:6 and Psalms 119:24. 

I'm going to blog in the future on what makes a strong Christian home.  My blog will be based on my own experiences, short comings and understandings of scripture.  As a fair warning, none of the bulleted items listed are on my list....nor will you be required to start using a crock pot, buy a bus or shred your credit cards.

For he that will love life,
 and see good days,
let him refrain his tongue from evil,
and his lips that they speak no guile
~~I Peter 3:10

3 comments:

  1. I was led here by a link that a friend posted on FB. I think your points could be applied to moms of any faith, but I really just wanted to say what a beautiful family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for pointing this out.
    We are most definitely called to NOT JUDGE
    and to ENCOURAGE each other.
    Love the choices of Scripture passages ...
    Thank you again for this!
    We all love to give our opinions, but you are SO RIGHT in pointing all of this out.
    We simply add to the Gospel what isn't there.
    8 But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I try and stay away from forums/blogs like that BTDT, and even tried to measure up, but found the path that was best for my family. I just wanted to say that your blog is very inspirational. Keep up the good work. Oh and stay away from those types of blogs, it'll just get your blood pressure up. LOL

    ReplyDelete