In case you haven't had the pleasure of reading some of this unloving, paranoid propaganda, let me summarize the issues that Cyber-bullies know will ruin your Christian home. Some are the following:
- not having a home birth
- not breastfeeding
- not homeschooling every child in your home (& no one writes a better persuasive blog than a home school mom...we teach persuasive writing!)
- working outside the home
- squandering money by getting a tattoo or piercing
- using day care or preschool
- letting government services in your life/home (like early intervention therapists, Parents As Teachers or WIC)
- letting your older children date or pick their mate
- studying world religions, philosophy or learning about other cultures
- and not disciplining your child with swats
I do think certain things work well for our family such as crock pot meals, owning a bus, and not having credit cards. However, the most important "thing" in our home is to be submitted to God and living a lifestyle that He has called us to, which is set apart from non-Christians. Hopefully this set apart lifestyle is recognizable by our love for the Lord our God and others...ALL others.
When I see these "preaching rants" on subjects like the ones above, it makes me sad because I can name the Christian women who upon reading these posts might feel discouraged, defeated or even doubt the path that God has placed them on. It makes me think of Proverbs 3:6 and Psalms 119:24.
I'm going to blog in the future on what makes a strong Christian home. My blog will be based on my own experiences, short comings and understandings of scripture. As a fair warning, none of the bulleted items listed are on my list....nor will you be required to start using a crock pot, buy a bus or shred your credit cards.
For he that will love life,
and see good days,
let him refrain his tongue from evil,
and his lips that they speak no guile
~~I Peter 3:10